Three fundraising experts give an introduction to the vastness and importance of fundraising in the U.S. market, particularly for non-U.S. GPs seeking to grow.
Also on Privcap
- Learn how private equity firms are partnering with healthcare innovators to build value in a rapidly changing market.
- This episode: PebbleOak Capital Partners – Big Win, Big Wipeout
- Operating partners lend expertise to deal sourcing in a couple of ways, says McGladrey’s Mauro Bonugli: developing investment theses, and tapping their networks.
- Three experts discuss the current state of fees: points of negotiation, impacts of the growing expense of being a GP, and incentives offered to cornerstone investors.
- The Carlyle Group’s Rodney Cohen tells Privcap how the firm’s sub-group for middle-market investments operates, and sources and wins deals.
- Colonial Consulting’s Brian Crawford explains how they customize their approach for each foundation and endowment client and portfolio, and where to look out for risks.
- The nature and frequency of how LPs contact GPs is evolving, says Mounir Guen of MVision Private Equity Advisers. He also discusses other trends in GP-LP relations.
- A former Economist journalist explains why he is bullish on the future of hedge funds, private equity and the emerging markets.
Watch for free on Demand!
Women entrepreneurs often have problems finding private capital funding for their business ideas in a male-dominated field where networking and who you know matters. Four women—an entrepreneur, a professor who runs an entrepreneurship program, a managing partner at a PE firm, and a PE firm principal—discuss how to overcome this obstacle.
At the debut Privcap Presents event on Nov. 24, 2014, CEO David Snow interviewed Robb Turner, senior partner and founder of ArcLight Capital Partners, on how the U.S. energy market has changed for private equity, and the country as a whole, since 2008.
An executive summary of the Privcap video: Times Have Changed for Deal Expenses.