Three experts discuss whether it’s possible to build a future-proof limited partner agreement, and the pros and cons of putting too much detail into the LPA.
Also on Privcap
- Nikos Stathopoulos of pan-European PE firm BC Partners explains the set of opportunities across the continent.
- Three fundraising experts discuss the regulatory complications that GPs not based in the U.S. can encounter when coming to the country to raise a fund.
- Three executives from NGP Energy Capital discuss attributes of management teams they’re looking to back, what kinds of companies are in its portfolio, and what size of capital commitments it’s willing to make.
- Hycroft managing directors Loren Boston and Scott Myers have two working mottos they say everyone could learn from: “Make sure every client was a reference, and make sure we are hiring people better than ourselves.”
- Portland Private Equity’s Michael Lee-Chin explains why the PE firm saw opportunity in companies in the Caribbean—a region often ignored by the asset class.
Learn how private equity firms are partnering with healthcare innovators to build value in a rapidly changing market.
An executive summary of the Privcap program: How the M&A Toolkit Parallels PE, with experts from Houlihan Lokey and ICG
In this subscriber-only special report, Privcap digs into how a private equity firm’s track record and due diligence findings are used to help decide whether to commit capital to a fund. Introducing: PPM Smackdown, our new video series where experts apply real analysis to fictitious funds.
Women entrepreneurs often have problems finding private capital funding for their business ideas in a male-dominated field where networking and who you know matters. Four women—an entrepreneur, a professor who runs an entrepreneurship program, a managing partner at a PE firm, and a PE firm principal—discuss how to overcome this obstacle.